Launchkey 49 MKII
49-note USB keyboard controller for Ableton Live, with 16 velocity-sensitive RGB pads.
Novation Launchkey (MK2) is the quickest and easiest way to produce and perform electronic music using Ableton Live. You just plug in via USB and the keys, faders, knobs and velocity-sensitive RGB pads give you immediate hands-on control of your session view, instruments, effects and mixer.
Launch clips, control FX, play beats and much more using 16 pads laid out in two rows of eight, to match your Ableton Live session view; one row to launch clips, and one row to stop them. Full colour RGB LEDs mean they'll match the colour of your clips too, while velocity-sensitivity lets you really put some feeling into your beats.
Launchkey is designed to let you shape your sound however you like. Use eight rock solid rotary knobs to tweak your instruments and effects, and nine dedicated faders for hands-on control of your mixer. The 49-note synth-style keyboard is lightweight, fast and very easy to play, but also velocity-sensitive so you can create truly expressive performances.
All the controls integrate seamlessly and immediately with Ableton Live, and can be reassigned to anything. It also integrates with FL Studio, Pro Tools, Reason, Cubase, Studio One and Logic. We call this InControl technology, because it puts you in control immediately without any manual mapping.
Launchkey 49 is tough enough to take and use anywhere. It will work the moment you plug it into your laptop and you won't need any drivers or power cables, because it's class compliant and USB bus-powered on Mac or PC.
Launchkey comes with absolutely everything you need to start making music: Ableton Live Lite, Novation Bass Station and V-Station virtual instruments, plus a comprehensive 1GB collection of production-ready samples from world-leading sample store Loopmasters.Key Features: Designed for Ableton Live
All controls work immediately and can be freely reassigned.See Your Session
Full colour RGB pads match the colour of your clips.Create Expressive Beats
All 16 pads are velocity-sensitive for creating dynamic drum beats.Shape Your Sound
Tweak your instruments and effects using eight rock solid knobs.Create Expressive Performances
The 49-note velocity-sensitive synth-style keyboard is lightweight, fast and very easy to play.Perfect Your Mix
Get hands-on control of your mixer using nine full-sized faders.Take It Anywhere
Compact and tough enough to throw in your bag.Control All Major Music Software
Get automatic hands-on control of other DAWs using InControl.Plug In and Play
Class compliant and USB bus-powered on Mac or PC, so it works without drivers or a power cable.Make Music Immediately
Includes Ableton Live Lite, Novation Bass Station and V Station virtual instruments and over 1GB of Loopmasters samples.
What's in the box:
- Launchkey 49 keyboard
- USB cable
- Printed Getting Started Guide
- Live Lite registration card
- English and French safety information sheet
- Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite, Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks
- Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7
- iOS 8, iOS 7 - Camera Connection Kit or Lightning to USB Camera Adapter required (not included). Power supply required for use with iOS devices (not included)
- Ableton Live Lite music making software
- 1 GB of Loopmasters sounds and samples
- Novation Bass Station VST and AU plug-in synthesiser
- Novation V Station VST and AU plug-in synthesiser
Product Hardware Specifications
- 25, 49 or 61 note velocity sensitive synth style keyboard
- 16 full-colour RGB backlit velocity sensitive drum pads
- 8 knobs
- 9 sliders (49 & 61 note) 1 slider (25 note)
- 6 dedicated transport controls
- Pitch bend and modulation wheels
- 2 octave / transpose buttons
- 7 segment 3 character LED display
- 2 Track / MIDI Channel buttons
- 8 mute / solo buttons plus toggle button (49 & 61 note)
- 3 InControl buttons (49 & 61 note) 2 InControl buttons (25 note)
- 2 full-colour RGB backlit round buttons
- USB socket
- DC power socket
- Sustain pedal 1/4" jack socket
- Kensington security slot
- Ableton Live Lite 9 is included
If you already have Ableton Live it must be version 9 or greater to work with Launchkey. We recommend that you update to the latest version as previous versions of Ableton Live do not include the Launchkey integration for InControl. Launchkey will also work as a standard MIDI controller.
- Fully USB bus powered on Mac or PC.
- Camera connection kit or USB camera adapter required for use with iOS devices (not included). Power supply must also be used (not included).
- Maximum power consumption 9V DC 250mA
Power supply not included
- Launchkey 25: 450mm length x 270mm depth x 90mm height
- Launchkey 49: 775mm length x 270mm depth x 90mm height
- Launchkey 61: 940mm length x 270mm depth x 90mm height